New Product Introduction:
Wood-Lok HPM (High Performance Matrix) is our newest and most effective hydraulic erosion control mulch. It is a long strand virgin wood fiber hydromulch blended together with our proprietary binders to create a three dimensional erosion control blanket that adheres to the soil surface. Wood-Lok HPM is made to be mixed and applied through mechanical agitated hydroseeding equipment and when applied according to directions out performs rolled erosion control blankets and other high performance erosion control mulches.
Wood-Lok HPM begins working immediately after it is applied. It cures quickly not requiring a cure time to do its job. Once Wood-Lok HPM is 100% cured it can stay in place in excess of twelve months, withstand up to six inches of rain per hour and hold up under high wind conditions.
The performance of Wood-Lok HPM is equal to rolled erosion control blankets with proven advantages that make HPM a more desirable option:
• Less site preparation is required – drastically lowers costs
• Easier, safer and faster to install – reduced labor cost and enhanced employee safety
• Conforms to the soil 100% – no tenting and no rilling
• Less wind and water erosion due to intimate soil contact
• Proven to reduce soil and sediment loss
• Porous anti-transpirent matrix retains more moisture providing an ideal environment for seed germination
• No pins or stakes are required to install or remove – lower cost
• Safe for wild life and workers
• Biodegrades after vegetation establishes enriching the soil with organic matter
• Wood-Lok HPM does not contain manmade poly fibers
Wood-Lok HPM is recommended to be used on sites where seed will be slow to germinate, on 3H:1V or greater slopes, sites where erosion can occur from rain and wind and as a long term temporary cover. Wood-Lok HPM is an excellent alternative choice on any job site where rolled erosion control blankets are specified.
Wood-Lok HPM can be used in any paddle agitated hydroseeding machine. The loading rate is 50 lbs. per 125 gallons of water. Once all of the products are loaded into the tank agitate for 10 minutes to allow the HPM binders to become fully activated.
It is recommended that Wood-Lok HPM be applied from two directions to achieve the required 100% ground coverage and recommended application rate. The best way to achieve this coverage is to rain the slurry down onto the soil surface. At the top of slopes apply Wood-Lok HPM two to three feet over the top of the slope and up to any existing vegetation. This will keep runoff water on top of the HPM blanket greatly reducing the chances rilling.
The two goals of using a Wood-Lok HPM are to control erosion and to establish vegetation on the job site. Wood-Lok HPM will work best when it is mixed and applied according to directions. This requires a commitment from the business owner and the applicator to a high standard of quality.
Then god said. “Let the land burst forth with every sort of grass”… and so it was…and God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:11-12